Friday, June 19, 2009

The VALUE of me

My recent 'break up' with a friend, coupled with the death of a family member & a friend has really caused me to re-evaluate my life.

What have I learned?

I am a people pleaser (not a shock, I know). As much as I like to THINK that I don't care if people like me, deep down it breaks my heart when someone doesn't (now I know where my daughter gets it from). I go so far as to allow others to treat me like garbage just so I don't lose their friendship.

What does that say about me?

It says that I do no respect myself. I hold myself at very little value to this world.

How do I change this?

First & foremost, I need to turn to God. No matter what I do or say, I will always be of value to Him. After that, seek His counsel when it comes to friendships.

The purpose of a friendship is to build eachother up - not tear eachother down.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't hold one another accountable. It's all in the way we do it - with LOVE.

Friends, be mindful of one another.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: