Thursday, June 4, 2009

I am guilty....

... of harboring a grudge.

Several years ago I had my dream job (what I thought was my dream job). However, God had other plans in store for me. I lost that dream job – because of my personality. LONG story – not worth retelling.

Anyway, for years now I've held a bit of a grudge toward 2 of the people that I worked with/for. Angry that they couldn't see past my personality and see more of my potential as an employee.
Dear reader, life is too short to hold a grudge like that. A silly grudge over something that was beyond MY control.

The supervisor that I worked for died yesterday in a horrific car accident. “Thankfully” he died instantly. Rumor is that he was texting while driving. Regardless, it was a tragic accident that left his wife a widow & his 7-year old daughter without an earthly father.

Hearing the story of Sean's death convicted me immediately. I wanted to burst into tears and mourn the loss of this man. I have been harboring a grudge for so many years... over something that was totally out of my control... heck, it was out of Sean's control. It was all a part of God's greater plan for me... yet, I still needed to blame someone.

It also reminded me that we are not invincible! We all think that we will live well into our 80's or 90's, but the reality is that God may have a different plan. We may only live until we are 39 (that's how old Sean was).

Live every moment like it is your last – it just might be. Do not leave the house or hang up the phone angry with the one you love.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: