Monday, February 2, 2015

Being still


This year, I decided to not make any real resolutions. Not that I don't think I need to change, but those changes shouldn't be relegated to just the beginning of the year.

Instead, I chose to focus on Psalm 46:10 -- BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.

It's hard for me to "be still". Yet the one thing I have learned these past 2 years, is that my life is chaotic when I don't focus on Him.

This doesn't mean I just sit back, kick my feet up & relax. Hardly!! I have to pursue Him to hear Him. He's always there, talking. I just need to settle down and listen. Really listen.

What He is trying to tell me?

God is always there. A part of my life. He's always in control. It's up to me to relinquish MY control.

And so that's where I am.... relinquishing my control.

That's tough for me. But I know that God has my best interest in mind. I am a part of His plan.

While I pursue a new job, I will also be working on getting Mending Hearts off the ground. It's at a stage where it is time to do something about it. There is too much hurt in this world.

I'm letting God guide me; my marriage, my parenting, my friendships, my career. I'm just along for the ride. I look forward to what God has planned.

Many blessings,

No comments: