Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Soothing my soul


Yet another amazing Sunday at my church leading my middle school girls. I love when God just speaks to me, especially through music.

It was a bit of a rough weekend. Heard from the 1st bill collector regarding Dad's estate. He hasn't even been gone a month yet & already the vultures are circling. Thankfully, I just handed out my lawyers phone number.

The Mayor was away this weekend with his high school group. Songbird was away too. So it was just me & Slugger hanging out. He's such a great young man. He heard me crying on the phone and he came in and started crying. His heart hurt because my heart was hurting. Ladies - you're in for a special man when he's available.

Back to God talking to me....

One of the songs we sang in Transit was Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons. I just LOVE this song. Since I first heard it, it spoke to my soul. This Sunday was no different.

The third verse reads:


"And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore."


My father spent the last 15+ years leading a Christian blues band, Breaking the Bondage Blues Band. Praising his Heavenly Father. This verse is a wonderful reminder that while dad's time on earth worshiping may be over, he's in Heaven praising God for eternity.

I'm not sure if my dad was aware he was dying. I'd like to think that he wasn't suffering. That in his heart he was able to praise God as he passed away. That death was just a fleeting moment for him. That once he got to heaven, a party ensued. Welcoming him. I can just see him with his friends who passed away before him passing him a harmonica and asking him to play.

This song & verse gives me comfort. A reminder that there is life after death.

Many blessings,

No comments: