Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Piece of my heart


Songbird has spread her wings and gone on an adventure. She decided last fall that she wanted to sign up for a mission trip with the high school ministry at our church.

Last Saturday, bright and early, she and approximately 40 other high school students (& 12 adults) boarded an international flight to Merida, Yucatan Mexico. There they are to serve the community by doing some construction at a local school and painting the classrooms.

As proud as I am of my daughter's servant heart, I miss her terribly. It feels like a piece of my heart is missing. Silly, I guess. What will it be like when she goes off to college in just 2 short years.

Thankfully, the group is maintaining a blog of the trip, so we are able to see snippets of what she is doing. She looks wonderful. Having a great time. Making new friends. Serving God. What more can a mother ask for.

I cannot wait for her to come home on Saturday. I can't wait to hear about everything she's done. How God worked through her. I cannot wait to see what she brings home and see her pictures.  I cannot wait to HUG her.

Many blessings,



No comments: