Thursday, July 25, 2013

What a blessing


Mending Hearts has been a work in progress for several years now. I know how it I want it to work. I have a lot of the plans written down (mostly on napkins & other scraps of paper). I think the reason for dragging my feet is fear. Not necessarily fear of failure- if I can help just 1 person then it is not a failure. I am afraid of success.

Don't get me wrong, I want to following God's plan. I want to reach out and help other people. But I want it to be easy & instantaneous. Which it is not.

Yet the other night I received a call that just may change my life.

You see, a friend is hoping to venture out in a new business for herself. Coordinating natural beauty pageants that benefit local non-profits. The first local non-profit that she would like to help -- MENDING HEARTS! Half of the pageants' proceeds will be donated to Mending Hearts. Now I have no reason to get this off the ground.

I am humbled that she wants to feature this ministry. She wants to help get the word out locally so that I can follow my calling. This is a win/win. She gets the pageant experience & I get the free publicity. The fact that she has that amount of faith in this calling -- it truly is humbling. She believes in this ministry. She believes in the mission. She believes in me.

I'll be honest, I'm a little freaked out now. I mean, time to put my money where my mouth is (not literally). It's a put-up-or-shut-up time. So much on my end needs to be accomplished. I gotta say though -- I am SO excited. This is a break I've been hoping for. Heck, this is the kick in the pants that I needed.

So, the journey continues......

Many blessings,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome!!! Best wishes to you !
Love your sister...Anonympus because I can't login right now :) <3