Thursday, September 30, 2010

Much ado about nothing...

All's quiet on the home front. School is in full swing for The Mayor, Songbird & Slugger. Almost report card time!

Fall baseball is up & running. His team, Coyotes/Marlins, is pretty much the same group of boys that played together during the spring. He even has 2 of the same coaches. The Mayor is the 3rd coach. Slugger got a chance to pitch a few innings. He's HOOKED! Unfortunately for us, most of the games are at 7:30 on a school night.. Makes for an interesting morning the next day.

Songbird is finding her groove in 7th grade. She decided to not really participate in school activities this year. This had me a little worried, but I think she did it so that she wouldn't overwhelm herself. I give her credit!! I don't know if I would have done that at her age.

My mom's group is working out well. Last week, I went to group - prayed before I got there - and had a great time. I'm slowly coming out of my shell. It'll take time, but I'm excited to learn more.

Our couple's Bible study moved to Monday nights. We've been blessed with 3 other couples. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed that we had ANOTHER small group, but God is beginning to show me that it's not about the quantity, it's about the quality. Each of us has told our story and have already begun building community. Friendships are already being formed.

Speaking of friendship, Kristin's in town!!!! I am SO excited. I can't wait to see her - you'd think that I'd be over her house right now. Seriously, I'm looking forward to spending time with her. I hate the fact that she'll be leaving again, but happy to have the few days I will have with her & the kids.

Like I said in the title - not much has been going on. I've got a few job prospects going. Prayerfully hoping that something comes into fruition.

My Bible verse for today:

Romans 8:38-39 (New International Version)

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: