Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving was low-key for us this year, especially because I had to go to work at 2:30 am on Friday.

Craig cooked up a storm (as usual) and we are STILL eating leftovers. Thank goodness tonight is the LAST night of leftovers - I don't want to see turkey until NEXT Thanksgiving. The menu was YUMMY though: fried turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, candied yams, cresent rolls, corn, homemade pumpkin pie & homemade peach cobbler.Yes - all that food and there was only 5 of us.

My sister spent the holiday with us. It was nice to spend time with her and I love watching her & Chelsea bond. Chelsea is SO much like Christa, sometimes its scary. But still, they are like 2 peas-in-a-pod and I love that family bond. I want my children to grow up with all their family in their life, not just immediate.



Anyway, the 5 of us chowed down! Justin munched on a turkey leg (I should have taken pictures) and Christa (aka Dita to the kids) munched on a wing. The rest of us just filled our plates (and our bellies) and had a blast.

The only thing that would have made this Thanksgiving better would have been to have the rest of my family here - and maybe even Craig's family.

No comments: