Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's been a while

It's been a while since you've heard from me. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, but I was having problems logging on to my own blog on Freewebs (trust me, I have a LOT to say). Oh well, I'm back to using this site & will be indefinately.

A lot has happened since you last heard from me. My assignment at LM ended and I suddenly found myself unemployed. That was ok with me. I had a plan. I was going to collect unemployment & start going back to school; study something like sonography. O fcourse, we prayed that God would provide for our family. He had a plan - which was TOTALLY different from mine.

I was unemployed for about a week when I got a call from my temp agency. They had a job assignment for me - in retail. UGH! I don't have anything against retail. I've done my tour in retail. I'm over it. Retail was supposed to be a VERY last resort. Yet it became my ONLY resort.

So, now I am working full time at the local outlet mall in a tool/vacuum store. Which is really funny since I do not use either tools OR vacuums. The hours kill me, so do the weekend shifts. Too much time away from the family - but it's a job.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Craig's favorite holiday! It's all about FOOD! Fried turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie & peach cobbler. YUMMY!!!! It's going to be low key this year. Just the 4 of us & my sister, Christa. A nice relaxing day - maybe even light a fire & just veg.

There is so much for us to be thankful for. Jobs, beautiful healthy children, loving families, outstanding friends, a home. God is SO faithful.

Many blessings to you & yours this Thanksgiving season.

Allison

No comments: