Thursday, September 24, 2015

Back in time - August 15, 1992


August 15, 1992
Sometimes I wonder if I have already met my future husband or if he is still to come into my life. Is it possible that I might marry someone I already know? Will I ever meet my future husband?
There are many times I feel as if I am ready to settle down and get married, but then I realize that I am not even finished with my education. I know soon I will meet my Mr. Right, but until then..... 
 
Dear 20-year old Allison,

Oh honey. If you only knew what was in store for you. I know you're hurting and feel lonely. I wish you would have focused more on your education and less on wanting to finding a guy. You put all of your self-worth into the prospect of being 'saved' by love. Getting married doesn't make life easier. It adds another level of complications. Don't get me wrong. Marriage is wonderful, but it takes a lot of work. Work that you just weren't prepared for. The love of a guy doesn't make you whole. It won't fill the void that you have in your life; in your heart. The only person who can fully fill that void is your Heavenly Father. By seeing yourself through His eyes, you gain such self-worth. God loves you more than you can understand. He loves you so much He died for you. He wants nothing more but for you to be happy. He has great plans for you.

What is so ironic is that your future husband was someone you already knew. Since you were 15-years old. The reunion was a God thing. That's the only way I can describe it. A few months after this date, you prayed to God for the first time in a long time and asked God for a 2nd chance with C. Saying that you would do whatever it took to make the relationship work. You hadn't heard from C in 3 years so the possibility of a reunion was almost impossible. Yet 3 days after your prayer, C called you out of the blue.

Love, 43-year old Allison

Many blessings,







No comments: