Sunday, March 15, 2015

And yet another new chapter


Back in November I lost my job.

I was devastated.

Recently, I applied & interviewed with a different county.

While waiting, I asked God for direction. If He wanted me to continue to pursue dispatching, then I wanted a clear sign. If it was time to move on, then I needed a clear sign.

This week I got my sign.

I looks like it's time to move on.

And I'm ok with that. I actually have a peace.

Will I miss the chaos & adrenaline of dispatching? YES!
Will I miss the camaraderie with my fellow dispatchers? YES!
Will I miss having to work weekends, nights, holidays? Eh - it's part of the job. I knew it going in, but I know that my family will be much happier.

That brings me to a crossroads. What do I do with my life now?

I honestly thought that I was going to 'retire' from dispatching. That was a final career. Maybe one day I will. But right now, where I am, that's not in my immediate future.

I had a moment of "I'm a failure"... but then I realized that I asked God for clarity and He gave me what I asked for.

Today, during worship, I gave it all over to Him. Fully laid it at His feet. I know He has great plans for me. I've been in a state of "Be Still". Now its time for action. I have options.

Do I become a substitute teacher for my local school district? Should I study to be a dental tech? What about working from home doing data entry/book keeping?

Over the next few days I'll be marinating on those options to making a choice. Whatever my choice is, I know that God had a hand in it and is leading me.

I haven't felt this free in a LONG time. It feels good.

Many blessings,




No comments: