Sunday, March 17, 2013

Another lesson. Really?


I've learned a lot of lessons in my almost 41 years. Most of them have been hard lessons to leave. Heck, sometimes I've had to learn the same lesson more than once.

It's no secret that I take medication to regulate my clinical depression. I'm not here to debate the meds vs. no meds issue. I am usually fairly diligent when it comes to those particular meds. I mean, I may not always finish my antibiotics (once the funk clears up, you're cured, right?). I don't like how I feel when I am not taking them.

Recently, I needed refills. I also need to go to the doctor for a check up to get the refill. Instead of being proactive and making the needed appointment, I decided to play doctor on my own. There's been a time or two when I accidentally missed a dose and nothing happened. I should be ok, right?

Yeah - not so much. Everything came to a halt yesterday. I had a complete meltdown. EPIC! It's been a long time since I've had one. 

Let me tell you I did NOT like that feeling. Complete feeling of being out of control. Brain racing. Zaps. Crying at the drop of a hat. Not good.

What lesson did I learn?

I will not play doctor on my own. I will make sure that I have the necessary meds and take them as directed. It is amazing how great I feel today - after having my meltdown and the meds back in my system. Not over-the-top happy. My normal happy. But compared to my mood yesterday - WOW!

Many blessings,


No comments: