Friday, April 20, 2012

His ways... not ours

An online friend made an announcement today. She miscarried.

Even though she is the mother of several other children, the loss of a child is always devastating. Each child is a blessing from God; a life to be celebrated and cherished. Unfortunately, this family only had a few weeks to enjoy the thrill of being pregnant with new life. Yet one day they will be reunited in Heaven - of that I am sure.

Of course, this brought to mind my own miscarriage a few years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of that child. How old they would be right now. What would they look like. Who would they grow to become. But instead of being sad, I can rejoice in the knowledge - one day I will be reunited with this sweet child. They are EXACTLY who God planned for them to be. My child.

I wrote my friend a quick note to let her know that I was thinking of her & praying for her. I didn't have any magical words that would take away her pain and sorrow. All I could do was simply tell her that she is in my prayers.

I don't pretend to understand why God does He does. It is not for me to understand. I do need to remember that He gives us what we can handle and it is all out of love. If it was up to me, my child would be here with us now. My friend's child would still have a heartbeat and they would be celebrating the birth in a few months. But it's not my way.

It is HIS way...

Many blessings,

No comments: