Friday, June 4, 2010

Bitter sweet goodbyes (already)

Ok, so my best friend hasn't moved just yet, but her hubby is scheduled to move by next weekend. That means there's only a little time left. Granted, they haven't sold their house yet. But still..... she's going to be moving.

We had small group at her house tonight. We always have fun at small group. Except tonight. There was that big elephant in the room. Gathered in corners of her house were items they're getting rid of -- 'the store'. We were told to take what we wanted; the rest was going to Good Will.

It hurt to see the piles. The piles mean they're cleaning house. Figuring out what to bring to Iowa & what stays behind.

As we walked out to the car, saying goodbye wasn't so simple anymore. It wasn't a 'bye, see ya later'. There was MORE there. Heck, I'm probably going to see her every day for the next 5 days, but soon enough we will be saying GOOD BYE.

While I shouldn't be focusing on what has not come, I need to always keep it in the back of my mind. I don't want to be shocked when the day finally does get here.

Hopefully we'll be heading to Starbucks one night soon. Probably more like multiple nights soon. I need it. She needs it. Especially before her hubby leaves.

I'm scared yet excited to see what God has planned for our families.

Many blessings,
Allison

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

My best friend moved to Arizona a few years ago. It was very hard. Thank goodness for Facebook where we chat often. I am hoping to go visit her this summer1