Friday, November 15, 2013

Roller coaster ride


I'd like to say I've always loved roller coasters. I have mixed memories of my childhood, going to Great Adventure with my family. I was fine on the everyday-run-of-the-mill roller coasters, but my father thought it would be a BRILLIANT idea to bring me on Lightening Loops (aka HELL).

Other than that one ride, roller coasters are my thing. It's an adrenaline rush for me.

Yet this roller coaster I'm on now called LIFE... well, it just sucks! I'd say its comparable to Lightening Loops.

Just when I think I'm starting to find my new normal, life happens and I am reminded of my loss.

Now this weekend... I'm headed to NJ in just a few hours to be there for our estate sale. Trust me, there aren't a TON of valuables worth millions. But we do have to empty a rather large house filled with a hoarder's treasures; most of which none of us want.

I am not ready to say good bye to those items. I know, I know. They're just THINGS. At least I have my memories of Dad. I love my memories, but I would give anything to have Dad back.

As we clear out the house, watching our items become someone else's, I pray for peace. I also pray that if it gets too difficult, my sister & I will know when its time to literally walk away.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my sister again... yet I can't wait to get back home.

Many blessings,


No comments: