Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hurricane love


My last post talked about the dark place I was in. I'm not saying that I am no longer there - I'm just saying I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I haven't been able to get the song "How He Loves" by David Crowder Band out of my head lately. It is such a simple song lyrically, but oh so powerful!!

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

One can look back at their life, look at all the negative and think that God has deserted them. That they were broken. And maybe, in some cases, they were.. but for the most part, we bend to the situation and learn to adapt - much like trees in a hurricane.

I'm not saying that trees don't fall down or get uprooted during a storm. But for every tree that does fall, hundreds others sway and bend in the wind. Adapting to their surroundings so that they can survived.

God doesn't want to break us. It's not about OUR will, but HIS will. Jesus teaches us to pray "THY WILL BE DONE". Instead of focusing on the bad, I want to focus on what do I need to learn from this. God has my best interest at heart. He loves me... He loves you!

This isn't the official video of the song, but I love the visual.




Many blessings,


No comments: