Friday, June 13, 2014

1st Father's Day


This Sunday is Father's Day. If I'm really honest with you, I'd say that I just want to ignore the day and pretend it doesn't exist. Yet that wouldn't be fair to my husband.

So, Sunday I need to choose to celebrate my husband. He deserves it. He is an amazing father to our two children.

I also need to remember my father. This will be the 1st Father's Day without him.

My father wasn't a perfect. man. I honestly believe he did he best loving us when we were growing up. He was a hurt young man who didn't have a good example of showing love. That poured over into his marriage and his relationship with his daughters. It wasn't until he truly hit rock bottom - divorce - that he had to reestablish those relationships.

It has been 9 1/2 months since my dad passed. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him still. His lack of presence in my life is like a giant hole. The tears don't come daily, but that doesn't mean I don't hurt.

I want to find a way to honor my father's life while at the same time celebrating my husband.

It's an uphill battle.

Many blessings,


No comments: