Friday, October 16, 2009

Humbled, yet again...

I've been a Christian for over half my life now. I know how to 'walk the walk' and 'talk the talk'. I know the catch phrases of Christianity. Most often I struggle with living those 'catch' phrases.

I know that God provides. I've seen it happen time & time again. Not just in the Bible, but in the life of my friends & family as well as my own life. Just last year God blessed us immensely - between a new job, a generous friend & 2 mysterious benefactors.

It's been a full year and once again, God shows that He is actively in our life.

I've been out of work for 2 months now. No real bites. Not quite sure where He wants me. I'm collecting unemployment - which isn't much, but sustains us. I'm bored out of my skull most days not sure what to do as a SAHM with kids off at school. That role doesn't suit me.

I won't say money's tight. We're ok. Our mortgage payments are on time & we've got food on the table. The weather is finally getting colder & the kids need fall/winter clothes. Christmas is coming and we were struggling with how we were going to manage it.

Craig received a card in the mail on Wednesday. The address label was computer generated & there was no return address. All we could tell was that it had been mailed from the ATL area.

Opening the card (Hallmark - when you care enough to send your very best), there was no writing. Just a few key lines underlined and a generous gift card made out to Craig.

Again, we have no idea who our benefactor is. Craig was tempted to call around to see if anyone we knew would fess up to it. But I knew that even if he called THAT person, they wouldn't admit it. It was anonymous for a reason. God used them to bless us.

Once again, we cannot thank an earthly person for bestowing this gift on us, but we WILL take the time to thank our Heavenly Father for this gift. For moving someone to be so loving.

We can only pray that we can return this gift when the time is right.

Many blessings,
Allison

No comments: