Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mr. Sandman - where are you?

Ask any of my friends and they'll tell you that I LOVE to sleep. It's one of my favorite hobbies (can it be a hobby?).

But sleep has been avoiding me over the past few weeks. Gosh, maybe even going on a month now. Don't get me wrong... I'm tired. Exhausted really. But when it's time to lay down, my mind is going a mile a minute. I'm gonna date myself, but have you ever watched a movie on VHS and pushed fast forward while playing? That's what my brain is like. No particular thought or subject swirling around.. just stuff.

Normally it wouldn't bother me ALL that much. Craig is wonderful & understanding and I usually get to sleep in. This weekend is different. He's away. That leaves me & the kids. Again - not a big deal. But here I am at 4:45 in the morning and I still haven't fallen asleep. The kids will be in up just a few hours - probably 2 hours. They're old enough to pour some cereal, but I don't feel comfortable SLEEPING while they are awake. Maybe a cat nap here & there throughout the day. I hope tomorrow night isn't the same.

Guess it's time to call the doctor... figure out what's going on.

Praying the sandman visits you,
Allison

No comments: