Friday, September 4, 2009

And baby makes 19!

I've been waiting with baited breath for the most recent Duggar announcement - they are expecting child #19.

With that announcement, brings the question "How many is too many?"

Who are we to say? Honestly, do YOU want to be told you are only allowed 2 children or 10 children or no children?

Personally, I think 19 is too many for me. Heck, some days 2 are too many for me. But as long as the Duggar family is able to support themselves on their own, I say 'God bless them'. Who is to say how full IS a quiverful?

I would LOVE to have more children. I would have a houseful if I could. But God had other plans and while I accept those plans, there are days where I wish things were different. Yes, I can still conceive, but at what risk to myself or a baby. I would love to adopt, but that costs money - LOTS & LOTS of money. Then there is fostering, but I know my heart and know that I would get TOO attached and would become heartbroken if/when they were to be reunited with their families.

Back to the Duggars... so #19 is on the way. I'm interested to see what 'J' name they come up with next. Not to mention the fact that their eldest son's wife is expecting too. Should make for an interesting playdate!

Enjoy YOUR quiverful!
Allison

No comments: